The Fintech Times provides some examples on how different technologies can be applied to regtech field. The list of startups below is not intended to be exhaustive.
• AUVENIR – a Deloitte venture, cloud-based auditing technologies. It seamlessly integrates advanced technology to enhance the financial audit workflow, improving efficiencies and communications for auditors and their clients.
• AVALARA – helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales tax, excise tax, communications tax, and other tax types.
• CLAUSEMATCH – Next-Gen document editing platform for real-time collaborative workflow. Data solution to manage key information documents.
• COINFIRM – A recognised leader in their field and ranked among the most influential blockchain and regtech companies, Coinfirm serves as a foundation for the safe adoption and use of blockchain.
• COMPLYADVANTAGE – uses machine learning and AI technology to help finance firms do legal checks on clients to make sure they’re not breaking any rules by dealing with them. The firm says that its dynamic proprietary database, which covers sanctions and watchlists, politically exposed persons, and global adverse media lets it create structured profiles of high risk individuals and companies and their associates.
• ENCOMPASS – software, which enables AML /KYC checks and initial client screening to be completed up to 10 times faster and with significantly lower costs. This startup takes international data feeds from 14 information providers including public data such as Companies House and the Land Registry in the UK to global information providers on politically exposed persons (PEPs).
• FINECT – a compliant communication platform for financial professionals. The company offers a social networking platform for financial advisors, asset managers, individual investors, and other professionals. It enables its users to present and promote business; access real-time product trends, news, and opinions; and engage with clients and prospects by creating private and public groups.
• FUNDAMERICA – offers back office financial technology services for the crowdfunding industry. Top crowdfunding software solutions for affordability, security, fast setup and support.
• GLOBAL DEBT REGISTRY – provides compliance and risk management solutions to the account management industry.
• GREMLN SOCIAL – a social media platform specifically for regulated industries. It provides social media marketing and compliance tools for banks and financial institutions.
• MY VIRTUAL STRONGBOX – the kind of secure document storage technology that can help FIs better manage customer documentation.
• OUTSIDEIQ – enables FIs to uncover regulatory risk using a combination of machine learning and human analysis.
• QUMRAM – software that helps ensure complaint communication by recording digital interactions from web, social, and mobile channels.
• SYBENETIX – provides market surveillance and compliance monitoring software for banks, asset managers, hedge funds, exchanges and regulators.
• TRUSTEV – a global provider of digital verification technology. The start-up verifies the identity of online shoppers by generating a digital fingerprint through various social media accounts.
• VATBOX – a global cloud-based provider of automated VAT recovery and governance solutions.
Source: Finovate Blog, The Fintech Times