Established in 2016, The Fintech Times is a multimedia news outlet centred around our print newspaper (the FIRST and ONLY Fintech newspaper) chronicling the latest developments in cutting-edge financial technologies including payments innovation, RegTech, banking transformation, AI, cryptocurrencies, WealthTech, Cybersecurity, Insurtech and many more.
Fintech needs an authoritative voice that gives our industry exposure and integrity.
We are building that voice over the years together with the main players in finance, international thought leaders and global Fintech firms, with the support of our 120,000+ online readers and over 150,000+ copies of the print newspaper circulated in London, San Francisco and Tokyo.
Our mission is clear and simple – to make Fintech understood and celebrated.
Let’s take fintech mainstream! 🙂
Mark BolsomNon-Executive Director
Charley Brooke BarnettDigital Editor
Kate GoldfinchAssociate Editor
Michael FolayanBusiness Development Manager
Somari van der WesthuizenDesign Consultant
Fiona ChowAssociate Editor (Lifestyle)
In 2012, Katia undertook an MBA at the world-renowned University of St. Gallen; subsequently moving into international communications consultancy across Austria, Russia, and Switzerland. With her previous publishing experience, and having built an extensive network across the world of business; Katia moved to London and founded Disrupts Media Limited in 2015. With a growing buzz around fintech and the true emergence of cryptocurrencies, The Fintech Times followed soon after; first going to print in January 2016. Since then, The Fintech Times has gone from strength to strength connecting Fintech with the World, experiencing steady growth in headcount, readership, and revenue.
The journey continues… Let’s take Fintech mainstream!
Charley Brooke Barnett
Having graduated with a degree in Business Studies from the University of the West of England, Charley has gained experience working in compliance, research and marketing.
As the Digital Editor of The Fintech Times and The Fintech Power 50, he is responsible for all the content across the sites and social media channels.
- Once a Staple of ‘The IT Crowd’, Now Cybersecurity is Everybody’s Problem
- London Fintech Week: Libra, Regulation and the Key to Start-Up Success
- Collaboration in the Banking Sector Required to Defeat Cyber Criminals
- Payments, What’s New? Heavy Hitters at London Tech Week
- The Potentials and Pitfalls of Applying AI in the Financial Industry
- Addressing the Gender Issue and Securing the Future of Fintech
- What’s Next in the Automation First Era? UiPath’s CFO Marie Myers Lays Down Key Implementation Trends
- Deep Learning to Make Deep Inroads in the Fight Against Fraud
- TORCA: The New Home for Digitised Assets
- SmartStream Technologies: Taking a Consultant’s Approach
- Mo Paytech, Mo Problems at the Vendorcom Europe Future of Payments Conference
- DLT Returns Battered but Unbowed at Opening of London Blockchain Week
- UBS Fined €3.7bn in Tax Fraud Case
- Revolut Business Practices Under Spotlight Following Resignation of CFO
- Digital Lending as a Gateway to Reach Unbanked People
- Blockchain and GDPR Do Not Go Hand-In-Hand
- Money 20/20 special report: Digital revolution based on cooperation
- Cover Story: The New Copernican Revolution
- “Payments Experience will Continue to Improve and get Richer”
- ‘Financial inclusion is key to every country’s economic growth’
- Banking in 2028: Mobile, Open Source, Invisible and Decentralised
- Reshaping the Insurance Industry
- A Clash of Two Philosophies: Centralised vs Decentralised
- Financial Services: At the Forefront of Innovation
- RegTech 2.0: A New Era of RegTech
- WHAT CRYPTO AND BLOCKCHAIN TECH BRING TO THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
- Countries to Lead The ICO Space
- Paris Fintech Forum 2019: Eyes and Ears
Graduating with a degree in International Business Studies from the University of Surrey, Michael has gained experience working in sales, digital advertising and marketing. He joins the Fintech Times as a Business Development Manager, contributing leads and sales.
Somari van der Westhuizen
Somari is a freelance Art Director and Designer with over 13 years experience delivering innovative campaigns and projects for a wide variety of brands across both print and digital. Somari enjoys working with startups and lean methodologies and dealing with clients directly to create meaningful products and services in an increasingly cluttered world.
Fiona is a marketing and PR specialist with almost twenty years experience. She began her career in corporate and media PR and now runs her own consultancy supporting clients across a range of sectors. She is a fintech, blockchain and martech specialist. Fiona is driving the launch of a new FinTech Times lifestyle supplement and Ambassadors’ Club – a C-suite members club that will nurture an engaged community of finance and technology professionals offering high-level networking opportunities, exclusive offers and more.
Vanessa GuajardoUS Creative Director
Martine ParisContributing Reporter USA
Athravan SettContributing Reporter UK
Shubham BapnaContributing Reporter UK
Vanessa joined TFT in March 2019, contributing Stateside news and reports.
- Ripple’s Quest to Unleash Trillions in Global Payments
- Is Ripple The Devil? CEO Under Fire at Disrupt SF
- Dr. Doom On The Future Of Money At BlockShow Americas
- Summer CryptoTravel Guide: Escape To Blockchain Island
- Brock Pierce’s Restart Puerto Rico: Cryptolife A Year After Hurricane Maria
- Brock Pierce interview: Tales from the Bitcoin floor
- niTROn Summit: TRON announces the tokenisation of BitTorrent
Athravan joined the Fintech Times as a Contributing Reporter in October 2018. Educated at Oxford University, this rising star of fintech journalism is as comfortable covering the cutting edge of blockchain technology as he is exploring the legacy financial world.
Though a historian by training, he has found himself increasingly drawn to the remarkable ecosystems and unprecedented developments that disruptive technologies are ushering in, and quite fancies being a part of shaping that future.
Shubham Bapna is an Ambitious Writer/Entrepreneur with the ability to get things done. He’s the founder of Fintech focused peer-to-peer E-Learning platform www.learnfin.tech. He runs a start-up Investment network to find the right Investors/Mentors for appropriate start-ups. His Podcasts with well-known Start-ups founders can be found on www.suprcrowd.com.