This August at The Fintech Times, we’re looking to highlight some of the amazing things fintechs are doing around the world. We are always hearing about the “latest groundbreaking innovation doing good for the community”, but are these innovations doing good for those in an already advantageous position, or are they helping make the financial world more accessible?
To us at The Fintech Times, fintech for good means companies looking to help people who desperately need it, prioritising financial inclusion and sustainability. But what about the rest of the industry? We are going to start the month by gathering views on what fintech for good means to different companies, answering questions like:
- What sets a ‘fintech for good’ company apart from the rest?
- How can fintechs help the developing world?
- How can fintech help improve financial well-being?
We will then shift our focus to both nonprofits and profit organisations. We want to highlight that just because a company is making money, doesn’t mean it isn’t doing good for a community, as we hear about:
- What are some examples of charities that benefited from fintechs?
- How can a fintech be commercial while being ‘good’?
- How can the unbanked become banked?
Many have suggested that moving away from a cash-first society will enable greater financial inclusion – with this in mind we delve into how cryptocurrencies can help cashless societies develop:
- How can crypto and CBDCs help communities?
- How important are remittances and what can be done to improve the process?
- What are some changes big players have made to be more inclusive?
- How can rapid digitisation be properly implemented to help cash-first countries?
We will be rounding out the month by looking at success stories, highlighting feel-good moments as companies reflect on the positive impact they’ve had on their communities:
- Family-run business success stories
- Pandemic pivot success stories
- ESG success stories
In addition to this, the topic is set to saturate many of our off-paper content streams, including our webinars, podcasts and in-person interviews. There has never been a more appropriate time to open up the conversation around this exciting topic, and we can’t wait to share more exclusive fintech for good insights with you, our beloved audience, over the course of the coming weeks.