Open source technology’s adoption is picking up pace in the financial world as more and more organisations are seeing its potential. However, the very nature of the technology can cause security concerns, especially as companies scale up using it. In the latest The Fintech Times webinar, Percona, Finos and StandardDAO discuss how open source technology’s security and scalability can be balanced to create a recipe for success.
In the financial world, it’s no secret that organisations are constantly looking for ways to stay ahead of the curve. From disruptors to established players, institutions are increasingly embracing the power of open source software and standards in finance.
This adoption has allowed them to accelerate their product development timelines, meet the ever-growing demands of regulatory bodies, exceed customer expectations, and stay competitive in an increasingly crowded market.
In this webinar, Francis Bignell, journalist and lead LatAm correspondent at The Fintech Times, moderates a discussion with Michal Nosek, senior architect in the Percona Solutions Engineering team, Gabriele Columbro, founder and executive director at Finos, and Aaron Rafferty, CEO of StandardDAO.
Together, they discuss the agility and flexibility of open-source technology, and how it can play a significant role in helping organisations achieve compliance with various regulatory frameworks.
Points of discussion in the webinar include:
- What are some key barriers when launching fintech products?
- What are some challenges associated with open source integration?
- How important is compliance with regulations and industry standards when choosing and using open source databases in the financial industry?
- What are some of the main security concerns related to using open-source databases?
- How can organisations mitigate these risks?
- How can fintechs evaluate and select the right open source technologies for their specific needs and use cases?
- How can financial institutions effectively integrate open-source databases with their existing systems and infrastructure?
- What are some of the most promising use cases for open source databases in the financial industry?
- How is AI impacting open source databases?
- Tips for successful adoption of open source technology.