PwC is collaborating with CyLon to launch its first Scale | Cyber programme to support high potential scale-up businesses focused on building a more secure and innovative digital economy.
Eight of the brightest international scale-ups disrupting the cyber security industry have been identified to undertake the 10-week programme, helping them to raise their profiles, identify commercial opportunities and prepare for growth. The programme, taking place in London, will introduce the companies to potential customers, decision makers, and thought leaders in their field who could advise, mentor, or partner with their business.
Participants in the programme will undertake a business development curriculum and receive advice from entrepreneurs and experts on topics such as leadership, operational growth, investor readiness, sales and marketing, as well as how boards view and strategise around cyber security.
The programme will culminate in an Executive Evening, the programme’s corporate pitching event, where the cohort will present to PwC and CyLon’s network of senior executives, industry thought leaders and decision makers.
Since launching in 2017, PwC’s Scale programmes have supported over 240 scale-ups to grow through various sector/regional focused groups. These programmes presented opportunities for scale-ups to connect with over 2000 corporate executives to enable over 3000 introductions.
Richard Horne, cyber security partner at PwC, said:
“Cyber security risk continues to rank highly amongst CEOs’ top threats to their organisation. We need innovative new businesses like our cohort to help tackle the latest cyber threats and build a more secure digital society.
“This programme will support these high growth scale-ups on their journey and help generate mutually beneficial commercial opportunities and relationships with established organisations.”
Grace Cassy, co-founder of CyLon, added:
“CyLon’s experience supporting the growth of over 80 international cyber security companies gives us unique insights into what makes a successful cyber business. We will draw on this experience and our unique combination of security, investment and business expertise to provide support and guidance to the Scale | Cyber companies, alongside some outstanding CyLon mentors. We are excited to collaborate with PwC as we continue to support cyber talent and innovation driving the global digital economy.”
The first Scale | Cyber cohort of businesses are:
- Applied Blockchain builds blockchain applications that work cross-chain to manage supply chains and product life cycles of high value goods;
- Censornet consolidates critical security services within a single cloud platform;
- Cloud Conformity provides a consolidated view of all AWS infrastructure and associated compliance level, making it easier to identify issues/risks as they occur via a threat monitoring dashboard;
- Dispel gives teams simple, rapid, secure remote access to industrial control systems, sensitive datasets, or vulnerable legacy assets;
- EverCompliant is a cyber intelligence tool that stops transaction laundering by mining numerous data sources and cross referencing them across millions of data points to allow organisations to understand the legitimacy of companies they are engaging with;
- Hazy is a data synthesisation tool to help companies unlock data innovation and improve fraud detection and risk models;
- Oneclick is a cloud platform with all the necessary components for application provisioning, including extensive security measures. Applications and data can be delivered to any device, at any time, to the right location and in the right format via encrypted streaming;
- Semperis delivers identity-driven cyber resilience for Active Directory. Organisations leverage Semperis to improve visibility into their hybrid identity environment, instantly roll back unwanted changes, and fully automate the forest recovery process.