Portugal Fintech 2019 industry report and map.
2019 was a very rich year for the Portuguese Fintech ecosystem, and highlighted the potential of Portugal as a leading Fintech hub.
In this report they provide you an overview of the market evolution and trends, map the top 30 fintechs standing out in 2019, and reflect on the industry’s best practices, experiences and collaborations through the eyes of leading market participants representing the various stakeholders’ perspectives.
- New Fintech startups are emerging and consolidating at an accelerated pace, with over 100 companies within the Portugal Fintech community.
- Leading global Fintech players such as Revolut and Monese established operation hubs in Portugal as strategic priorities.
- Collaboration was the word of the year. The Portuguese Financial sector saw the implementation of pivotal innovation products and projects delivered through partnerships between incumbents and startups.
- The Portugal FinLab, an innovation hub that Portugal Fintech co-created with all the portuguese financial regulators, Banco de Portugal (BdP), Comissão do Mercado de Valores Mobiliários (CMVM) and Autoridade de Supervisão de Seguros e Fundos de Pensões (ASF), had its initial two batches and a very positive market traction and feedback with 40 applications in total, of which 30% was from international projects, for 10 finalist projects
- They were also very pleased to announce the launch of the Fintech House: the first Fintech cluster and co-working space in Portugal, aggregating under the same roof leading Fintech players, further fostering our community and collaboration opportunities.
Download the full report and map here