Opel Bank is the first European-based bank to move to the FIS Modern Banking Platform, which is built on a cloud-native, modular architecture.
New end-to-end core banking solution will enable bank to enhance service to its more than 40,000 deposit customers that it serves primarily through online channels.
FIS announced today that Opel Bank in Germany has chosen its next-generation core banking system, FIS Modern Banking Platform, to power its online bank. Opel Bank is the first European-based bank to choose the new platform since its introduction in January.
Opel Bank serves more than 40,000 deposit customers primarily through online channels without the need to maintain an expensive branch network. The bank was looking to replace its legacy core platform with a digitally rich banking platform that provides expanded functionality, faster time to market, and a modern client experience.
FIS will provide Opel Bank with an end-to-end solution including the Modern Banking Platform, the FIS Digital One omnichannel solution, and the FIS Code Connect application programming interface (API) gateway. Through its leading-edge design tools, the new FIS platform will allow Opel Bank to enhance its client experience through a modern end user interface.
“We are excited to welcome Opel Bank as the first non-U.S. user of our groundbreaking Modern Banking Platform,” said Bruce Lowthers, president of Banking Solutions at FIS. “Along with Digital One and Code Connect, this new platform provides a truly modern, powerful core banking solution that will support Opel Bank well into the future.”
Through its modern architecture, the FIS Modern Banking Platform helps today’s banks overcome many of their pain points by providing
- Speed to market. The solution is built to support open banking through extensive application programming interfaces (APIs) – enabling banks to tap into the wider ecosystem of FIS and third-party applications to deliver innovative new services to customers.
- Ease of integration. Modern Banking Platform is component-based, allowing individual system components to be upgraded or replaced without impacting other bank functions or data.
- Personalization. The solution is designed to be customer centric and leverages the power of data analytics and artificial intelligence to help banks understand the specific needs of their customers better and offer more targeted, personalized financial products.
- Resiliency and scalability. The system is cloud-native, providing high resiliency, scalability and cost efficiencies that come with secure cloud delivery.
- Regulatory compliance. With strong security and fraud detection, the solution is built to help institutions meet complex and changing regulatory requirements.
Available for existing or new FIS clients, the Modern Banking Platform is delivered through a flexible Software-as-a-Service subscription model that enables banks to speed deployment while minimizing capital investments.