In its sixth edition, Hong Kong FinTech Week 2021 (HKFW) will take place in a hybrid format on November 1 – 5. The organisers, Invest Hong Kong together with Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau, are delighted to announce an impressive line-up of speakers and event agenda
With the theme “Scaling Fintech Future Together”, HKFW 2021 will showcase Hong Kong’s unique position as the ideal hub for fintechs to accelerate and scale up their business opportunities in Hong Kong and beyond. Under this theme, the four sub-themes of the event are: “The Future of Fintech,” “Empowering Consumers Together,” “Scaling in the Greater Bay Area,” and “A Rising Global Ecosystem”.
Over 250 global speakers, including founders and executives of the world’s fastest-growing fintech companies and unicorns, leading financial institutions in banking, insurance and asset management as well as investors and regulators will all come together during the week to discuss how technologies and innovations will power the future of financial services and benefit consumers and the society at large.
King Leung of InvestHK
In preparation for the event, King Leung is Head of Fintech at InvestHK sat down with Gina Clarke, Editor-in-Chief for The Fintech Times, about the event and the current fintech landscape in Hong Kong.
He said: “The reason I’m so excited is that right now people are longing for physical events. We are doing this in hybrid mode, with local guests at a physical conference and international guests virtually online.”
A hybrid event
The conference will be held from November 3 – 4 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre and is open to both in-person and virtual attendees. There will also be an additional online-only day on November 5 on other first streamed sessions.
The headline speakers for this year’s fintech Week include:
- Gang Yi, Governor, People’s Bank of China
- Paul Chan, Financial Secretary, HKSAR
- Christopher Hui, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, HKSAR
- Alfred Sit, Secretary for Innovation and Technology, HKSAR
- Eddie Yue, Chief Executive, HKMA
- Clement Cheung, Chief Executive Officer, IA
- Julia Leung, Deputy Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director, Intermediaries, SFC
- Joe Tsai, Co-founder and Executive Vice Chairman, Alibaba Group; – Larry Fink, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, BlackRock; – Jane Fraser, Chief Executive Officer, Citi;
- Bill Winters, Group Chief Executive, Standard Chartered; – Nicolas Aguzin, Chief Executive Officer, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing;
- Neil Shen, Founding and Managing Partner, Sequoia Capital China, and Steward of Sequoia Capital;
- Lei Zhang, Founder and CEO, Hillhouse Group;
- Richard Li, Founder & Chairman, Pacific Century Group;
- Allan Zeman, Chairman, Lan Kwai Fong Group;
- Tony Fernandes, Group Chief Executive Officer, AirAsia Group; and – Shivani Siroya, Founder & CEO, Tala.