Financial technology recruitment business Harrington Starr has released ‘The Era of Convergence’ documentary, focusing on the merge of traditional and decentralised finance.
Harrington Starr looks at a range of topics in its documentary, ultimately attempting to understand where the future of finance could take us. The documentary addresses a range of questions throughout its running. These include:
- What does the future of finance hold?
- Will decentralised finance become the new infrastructure underpinning financial markets?
- Will we all be banking in the Metaverse in a new Web3 world?
The piece features guests from both traditional and decentralised finance, to get a clear view into the future of finance. Those featured includes:
- Drew Forman, managing director and head of Cowen Digital
- Erica Stanford, founder and CEO of Crypto Curry Club
- Steve Grob, founder of Vision57
- Lawrence Wintermeyer, chair at GBBC Digital Finance
Simon Barnby, CMO of Archax, explains in the documentary the problems that blockchain technology is able to solve. Barnby said: “The key thing here is efficiency. If you look at traditional financial markets today, although the actual trading activities are electronic, fast and super-efficient, what happens post-trade is massively inefficient.
“There are lots of intermediaries involved, lots of cross-checking, and reconciliations. It is an inefficient, expensive nightmare. Blockchain technology streamlines all of that.”
The documentary contains a range of views from industry experts, not only offering their views but also explaining recent financial phenomena.