Companies at the forefront of new developments in fintech, blockchain and banking have been honoured in this year’s Future Digital Awards for Fintech & Payments.
The awards are given to companies that Juniper believes have made significant progress within their sector during the previous year, and are now poised to make considerable market impact in the future.
The first batch of award winners and runners-up in each category were as follows:
- Juniper Purple Award for Fintech Excellence
- Winner – Adyen
The Purple Award is Juniper’s highest accolade and recognises the best of the best in the industry. It is awarded to companies that exhibit exceptional leadership, innovation and market impact.
- Fintech Mover & Shaker of the Year
- Winner – Jessi Baker, CEO, Provenance
This award is given to the individual whom Juniper believes has demonstrated the capabilities to become a driving force in his or her sector, initiating change and influencing the direction of events; in essence, a primary decision-maker at the heart of the ecosystem.
- Socially Responsible Fintech Company of the Year
- Winner – Stripe
This award is given to the company that Juniper believes has demonstrated the greatest commitment within the fintech sector to operating and trading in an ethical and ecologically responsible manner, including the setting of socially responsible goals and initiatives and offering a workplace and corporate culture that demonstrate commitment to diversity and sustainable change.
- Blockchain Innovation of the Year (Judges’ Choice)
- Winner – BTL Interbit Platform
- Best Blockchain Platform
- Winner – IBM IBM Blockchain Platform
- Highly Commended – Finacle Finacle Trade Connect
- Best Blockchain Deployment in Logistics
- Winner – Everledger Everledger Platform
- Highly Commended – Provenance Provenance Platform
- Best Blockchain Deployment in Healthcare
- Winner – Guardtime Personal Health Record Platform, myPCR
- Highly Commended – Pokitdok Dokchain
- Best Blockchain Deployment in Land Registry
- Winner – ChromaWay Postchain
- Highly Commended – Propy Propy
- Best Blockchain Deployment in Banking & Payments
- Winner – Finacle Finacle Payments Connect
- Highly Commended – IBM Global Payment Platform
- Fintech Innovation of the Year (Judges’ Choice)
- Winner – Octo Telematics Next Generation Platform
- Best Insurtech Platform
- Winner – Guidewire Guidewire InsuranceNow
- Highly Commended – Octo Telematics Next Generation Platform
- Best RegTech Platform
- Winner – MetricStream M7
- Highly Commended – ComplyAdvantage ComplyAdvantage
- Best AI Platform
- Winner – Onfido Onfido
- Highly Commended – Multiply Multiply
- Best Chatbots Platform
- Winner – Dorsum Botboarding
- Highly Commended – Clinc AI Training Platform
- Best Lending Platform
- Winner – Kabbage Kabbage Platform
- Highly Commended – Kreditech Monedo Now
- Banking Innovation of the Year (Judges’ Choice)
- Winner – Yobota Yobota
- Best Banking Platform
- Winner – Fidor Fidor Market
- Highly Commended – Yobota Yobota
- Best Digital Bank Award
- Winner – Digibank
- Highly Commended – Revolut
Jessi Baker collects Juniper’s first Fintech Mover & Shaker Award
“We live in the age of information, and yet, we as consumers continue to be disconnected from where our products come from and how they are made,”said Jessi Baker, CEO of Provenance. “We believe that in the future transparency will be a fundamental requirement for success; consumers want to support businesses that impact the environment and society positively. This means brands and global businesses will likely fail if their customers cannot easily access product information. This, for us, makes transparency in the supply chain crucial. It’s great to be nominated for this award that recognises our work to try and drive that movement.”
IBM triumphs in Best Blockchain Platform category
“IBM has devoted significant expertise to the advancement of enterprise blockchain with the goal of spurring adoption and delivering proven results across the marketplace,” said Marie Wieck, GM, IBM Blockchain. “We’re proving in areas as diverse as supply chain, trade finance, transportation, healthcare and government that blockchain can be used as the new operating system of trust as it transforms business processes. This is an important recognition of IBM’s accomplishments in creating the first enterprise grade blockchain platform and our ongoing support for an open source, openly governed approach to blockchain through the Hyplerledger Project. As our client’s networks continue to grow and scale, we look forward to driving even more advancements in areas such as governance models, flexible architecture and interoperability”
Onfido takes Best AI Platform Prize
“Being recognized as Juniper Research’s Best AI solution is real honour, and testament to the hard work and talent of our tech team”, said CEO and co-founder Husayn Kassai. “Onfido’s vision is an open world where identity is the key to access and we believe AI will be instrumental to that. We’re delighted to have won the Future Digital Awards and look forward to further developing our world-leading technology.”
The awards were decided by a panel of expert judges based on a number of criteria including: product features and user benefits; innovation; commercial partnerships; commercial launches; certification & compliance; and, potential future business development.
Dr Windsor Holden, panel judge and Head of Forecasting & Consulting at Juniper Research, said that: “Once again, the standard of entries in the award submissions has been outstanding, and testament to the continuing rapid progress we are witnessing in the development of the fintech space.”
The winners of the Payment, Retail and Fraud & Security Innovation categories will be announced later in November.
Juniper Research provides research and analytical services to the global hi-tech communications sector, delivering consultancy, analyst reports and industry commentary.