Saudi Arabia’s fintech sector is poised for a major transformation, and the spotlight is on the upcoming DATE Fintech Show, scheduled for 11 and 12 December at the JW Marriott Hotel in Riyadh.
Global fintech innovators, industry leaders, investors, and policymakers are coming together for this two-day event to chart the course of Saudi Arabia’s fintech revolution.
As the MENA region embarks on a journey of economic diversification, fintech has emerged as a key driver of change. A recent report by Mordor Intelligence projects significant growth for Saudi Arabia’s fintech sector, with an estimated increase from $39.04million in 2023 to $69.23million by 2028, boasting a robust compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.14 per cent.
The DATE Fintech Show, co-located with the DATE AI Show, aims to showcase the latest innovations and cultivate a spirit of innovation within the Kingdom. Saudi Arabia is already home to over 147 fintech startups, aligning with its ambitious goal of hosting 525 active fintech companies by 2030.
This event also provides a platform for both traditional financial institutions and newcomers to the fintech space to explore the latest trends, navigate challenges, and contribute to the sector’s remarkable growth.
Notable speakers at the event include:
- Dr. Wissam Fattouh, secretary general, Union of Arab Bank
- Fadi Ghandour, executive chairman, Wamda
- Aiedh Al-zahrani, chief operating officer, Arab National Bank
- Essam Al Bakir, chief executive officer, Ejada capital
- Issa Nasser Al Issa, chief of business development, Wamid (Tadawul – Saudi Exchange)
- Alain Godard, chairman & managing director, European Digital Sovereignty Fund
- Jessica Renier, managing director, digital finance, Institute of International Finance
- Hubertus Väth, managing director, Frankfurt Main Finance e.V.
- Jonathan Larsen, chief executive officer, PingAn Global Voyager Fund
- Monica Brand Engel, managing partner, Quona Capital
- Dr. Jonathan Doerr, partner, Antler
- Bryan Stirewalt, senior managing director, K2 Integrity
- William Bao Bean, managing director, Orbit Startups
- Dr. Fatmah Baothman, board president, AI Society
With the backing of key sponsors including Mastercard, MENA Fintech Association, Fintech Association of Sri Lanka, and more, the DATE Fintech Show is poised to become a pivotal event for anyone with an interest in the future of the fintech sector in Saudi Arabia.