Taranis Capital announces its advisory board, including fintech heavyweight David Parker. The board comprises of internationally recognised leaders from banking, fintech, capital markets and technology. The formation of the board marks another significant milestone for Taranis following its launch at the beginning of May 2023.
Taranis Capital, an ethical, fintech-focused investment fund envisaged by its founding members, who each bring knowledge and experience suited to the objective of the business. Having a combined 50+ years of industry experience in fund management, fintech and business strategy, it has announced the formation of its advisory board as the company embarks on the next phase of its global launch.
The new board consists of internationally recognised leaders from diverse professional backgrounds and specialities, including banking, financial services, capital markets and technology. Board members will work closely with Taranis Capital’s leadership team to offer strategic help and advice that supports the ambitious investment goals.
David Parker, who has spent more than 20 years working with fintechs and in marketing; ex Saatchi, and a co-Founder of Konsentus explained: “Taranis Capital represents the best of a new breed of funds; ethical, working with owners to drive growth. Having worked in fintech and MENA for the last 20 years this was simply too good an opportunity not get involved with.”
The other members of Taranis Capital’s advisory board are:
- Andrea Dunlop, angel investor, M&A expert, regulatory professional, cross border financial services
- Amjad Shacker, an innovative leader, government advisor, management professional, strategist.
- Daniel Roubeni, international trade, financial management, early-stage VC investment
- David Birch, digital financial services, one of the top 100 global fintech influencers, Forbes contributor
- David Parker, global all-round fintech specialist, Ex Saatchi, keynote presenter & chair in fintech
- Derek Stewart, founder of Paysme, fintech super app, Ex BNY Mellon Fund $2billion AUM, financial services for 39 years
- Jack Hollander, capital markets New York, Master of Law, raised over $3billion in alternative investment
- John W “Jack” Crook, regulatory compliance, NED, government compliance
- Mike Chambers, chairman of answer pay, pioneered the UK’s Faster Payments scheme, ex-CEO for BACS, experienced NED/Advisor
Nicholas S. Bingham, founder and chief executive of Taranis Capital, said: “The formation of our advisory board is another significant step forward in Taranis Capital’s launch journey. I’m delighted that we have been able to attract such a diverse and inspirational group of business leaders. I look forward to drawing on their decades of collective expertise, which will be invaluable as Taranis continues to expand our operations on a global scale.”