F10 Singapore’s first incubator cohort – which included nine select Fintech, Regtech, Insurtech and Deeptech start-ups – will be ready to go to market with their first product after graduating from the program.
“Despite the challenges faced by Covid-19 and shifting the program online, we managed to deliver an engaging program, which resulted in remarkable progress by the start-ups and numerous initiatives between them and our corporate partners,” said Jonas Thürig, Head of F10 Singapore, the Asia launchpad for F10 Global, Europe’s leading incubator and accelerator for Fintech, Regtech, Insurtech, and Deeptech.
To qualify for the program, start-up teams needed to commit to transforming their prototype into a scalable product, gain traction and secure funding. The F10 incubator provided the start-ups with 1-on-1 coaching on go-to-market and product development. Fundraising support was provided by connecting the entrepreneurs to the F10 investor network. The F10 network gives entrepreneurs and start-ups strategic opportunities to connect with corporate partners which include the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX), Julius Baer and R3 in Asia. There were more than 25 mentors in the program from companies such as Accenture, DBS, Deloitte, HSBC, NETS, Oracle, Standard Chartered, Stripe, UBS and more.
Since 2016, more than 100 banking and insurance tech start-ups globally have completed the F10 Incubation Program, with a survival rate of 85%
F10’s first cohort of graduating start-ups from the incubator include:
- Bond180, gives institutional investors new ways to engage and source assets in primary debt markets, through an intelligence, execution and automation tool to connect portfolio needs to primary deal flow.
- DEXTF empowers financial institutions to create and manage digital-native funds through a non-custodial asset management protocol on the blockchain.
- Fencore reduces software bloat for the financial institutions via its simplified data management platform, slashing time spent on implementation and maintenance.
- HedgeSPA gives hedge funds and institutions access to advanced predictive analytics through AI, Big Data and cloud computing to improve investment performance
- Inkredo instantly determines the financial health of borrowers by automating bank statement analysis with data to accelerate smarter lending decisions.
- Maesh helps merchants cut credit card transaction fees with a user-friendly payment interface which leverages on banking apps instead.
- Notarum automates compliance processes via its corporate due diligence platform to drive decisions that are accurate and compliant.
- Pichain makes compliance sustainable through its onboarding and KYC (know your customer) solution that harnesses AI and blockchain.
- Staple goes beyond legacy OCR (optical character recognition) to convert documents into structured data to eliminate repetitive financial workflows.
F10 Singapore’s second incubator batch will take place in March 2021, with applications already open.