Blockchain’s Big Thinkers Predict the Post-COVID-19 World under Seven Themes
More Than A Hundred New Speakers Confirmed with “Crypto Mom” Hester M. Peirce To Speak on Digital Assets Regulation
Will 2020 be the year blockchain goes from a buzzword to necessity? The ongoing COVID-19 crisis is exposing deep cracks in every aspect of our modern society, including economy, politics, social structures, and institutions.
With its hallmark features being security, decentralization, and immutability, blockchain has a lot to help and could be a force for a better post-COVID-19 world, offering innovative solutions to age-old and emerging issues such as cybersecurity, data privacy, supply chain transparency, surveillance, and inclusive finance.
The only question is: can blockchain move beyond proof of concept and break the catch-22 of real-world adoption?
Asia Blockchain Summit, the world’s leading gathering of professionals involved in blockchain and emerging technologies, is going to tackle just that.
Real-world Adoption Decoded Under Seven Tracks
In its first virtual edition scheduled for July 15-19, Asia Blockchain Summit 2020 (ABS2020) will feature seven speaking tracks in its 5-day conference in parallel with interactive workshops, demos, AMAs, and online meetups run by attending companies.
The tracks will deliver thought-provoking keynote speeches, fireside chats, and panel discussions on the given topics including:
- Blockchain For Industries (Day 1, July 15) – A diverse range of industries and businesses are starting to see the potential of blockchain, from banking and insurance all the way to healthcare, energy, telecoms, retail, and real estate. The track will feature blockchain explorations and insights from including various industry leaders including Société Générale, Qatar Development Bank, Mastercard, and Boston Consulting Group.
- Digital Assets (Day 2, July 16) – Heightened uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 has forced people to rethink safe-haven assets and given rise to new a market trend – central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). The track will examine recent developments and what’s next for the crypto market, unfolding links with financial markets and the economy.
- Deep Tech (Day 3, July 17) – The track will focus on two angles: 1) the technical difficulties of decentralized technologies in terms of security, scalability, reliability and decentralization and 2) what blockchain can achieve in an interplay with other emerging technologies including 5G, AI, big data analytics, cloud, IoT, and robotics.
- Entrepreneurship (Day3, July 17) – Extreme times call for extreme leadership. How will you show up and lead your teams through the global pandemic to ensure your teams come out of it stronger? Listen to experts as well as your industry peers on competition, innovation, fundraising, marketing, women in tech, and more.
- Social Impact (Day 4, July 18) – The track will look into impactful applications of decentralized technologies that solve social issues like education, health, charity, climate change, and poverty. On stage in this track will include experts and proactive thinkers from Pew Research Center, UNICEF, RadicalxChange, and Western Union.
- Regulation (Day 5, July 19) – The track will welcome key officials from global financial regulators and institutions including S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Monetary Authority of Singapore, European Commission, and World Economic Forum to share opinions on topics such as tax treatment, anti-money laundering regulations and the legality of token offerings.
- Decentralized Future (Day 5, July 19) – More and more people come to realize that decentralized structures are more robust than centralized. What does a decentralized future hold for us? Check out the predictions of people riding the wave.
The summit will run from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm GMT+8 every day, with on-demand replay for ticket holders at other times during the event and after the event.
More Impressive A-list Speakers Joins ABS2020
This year marks the third edition of Asia Blockchain Summit. Born with the sole purpose of facilitating conversations and collaborations that advance the blockchain technology, the conference now has taken its offerings to the next level, bringing together people from diverse industries, disciplines, and backgrounds.
In addition to celebrity astronaut Chris Hadfield and other stellar speakers already announced, 130+ new speakers have added to the high-caliber lineup of ABS2020.
One exciting addition to the line-up is Hester M. Peirce, one of the five commissioners with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, also known affectionately in the U.S. blockchain community as “Crypto Mom” for her pro-crypto stance. Commissioner Pierce will share opinions on regulatory issues surrounding digital assets.
Some other newly confirmed speakers include:
- Audrey Tang, Board Member, RadicalxChange
- Raj Dhamodharan, EVP Blockchain/Digital Asset Products & Partnerships, Mastercard
- Laurent Marochini, Head of the Innovation Lab, Société Générale Luxembourg
- Jacqueline Molnar, Chief Transformation Officer and Global Head of Compliance, Western Union
- Wang Guan, News Anchor, CGTN
- Arvie de Vera, Senior Vice President and Fintech Group Head, Unionbank of the Philippines
- Joseph Lubin, Founder, ConsenSys
- Sebastian Sonntag, CEO, LocalBitcoins
- Kris Marszalek, Co-Founder and CEO, Crypto.com
- Noelle Acheson, Director of Research, CoinDesk
- Amy Davine Kim, Chief Policy Officer, Chamber of Digital Commerce
The summit is expected to draw 200+ speakers and 20,000+ attendees from more than 50 different countries. Check out the full speaker list at: https://abasummit.io/meet-our-speakers/
Secure A Spot “To Da Moon”!
ABS2020 has three levels of tickets: Earth, Moon, and Mars.
All the featured tracks, workshops, demos, AMAs, and online meetups at ABS2020 will be live and interactive for Moon and Mars Ticket holders, using an online platform ABS2020 is developing and to be launched very soon.
Beyond the great content, ABS2020 will offer networking opportunities and virtual booth environment powered by Brella, enabling holders of Moon Tickets and above to connect with speakers, attendees and sponsors with similar interests and arrange virtual meetings to carry conversations further.
The host of ABS2020 also intends to use the online platform to deliver more inspiring and meaningful content and events in the year ahead to add value for ticket holders.
Moon Ticket holders will be accessible to ABS2020 content and potential upcoming content on the platform from registration to the end of September. And Mars Ticket holders for 12 months from registration.
Earth tickets are “invite-only” offers for the communities of media and event partners.
To sign up and learn more about the conference, please visit https://abasummit.io/.
The Fintech Times community can register invite-only tickets with code <FINTECHTIMES.ABS> at: https://abasummit.io/tickets/.
About Asia Blockchain Summit
Asia Blockchain Summit is an annual event hosted by Asia Blockchain Alliance, and one of the most iconic blockchain summits in the world. Every year the event draws thousands of professionals from leading industry startups, investment firms, financial services giants, global brands, academic institutions, international media and policy groups to gather in Taipei and engage in dynamic and meaningful discussions of the trending and pressing issues facing the blockchain industry.
PANONY Limited, PR Agency and Consultancy for ABS2020