Who We Are
Airwallex is a technology company that revolutionises the way businesses operate globally. Our financial infrastructure provides a modern technology stack for businesses of all sizes to operate internationally, without the challenges of the current global financial system.
Businesses use Airwallex as their end to end global financial services platform. Whether it’s making or receiving payments from customers, domestically or internationally, Airwallex saves businesses time and money by offering real-time, reliable and cost effective financial solutions. Our web and API solutions support businesses of all sizes, from small companies to large enterprise.
In this fast-changing digital world that is increasingly becoming borderless, our mission is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy.
Founded in 2015, Airwallex has since grown to over 400 employees across ten offices around the world. Airwallex has raised over $360 million USD in venture capital funding, supported by top-tier investors including DST Global, Sequoia Capital, Tencent, Hillhouse, Horizons Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, ANZi Ventures and Mastercard. In March 2019, Airwallex was valued over $1 billion USD after its Series C financing, and became one of the fintech unicorns in APAC. The company was also named one of the world’s top 50 fintechs in KPMG’s 2019 and 2018 Fintech100 reports.
As part of our Strategy team, you will be responsible for supporting key initiatives in our rapidly growing London office including expanding our financial partner network, achieving commercial outcomes, setting / ensuring delivery of KPIs and securing partnerships.
You will work closely with the European team and Global Team, to achieve these outcomes. Unlike a typical corporate strategy function, this role is responsible not just for scoping initiatives, but also for executing them.
Who You Are
- You have deep experience in consulting, investment banking, private equity, venture capital or corporate development and have led multiple projects to rapidly analyze data, identify solutions and implement actions
- You ideally have a background in payments / FX and / or a fast growing start up and are not afraid to get your hands dirty and pitch in where necessary
- You have strong EQ and are a natural leader and can work seamlessly with others across the globe to drive successful outcomes
- You are driven by success – consistently “going the extra mile” in your work
- You are not afraid to experiment – continually wanting to innovate and source, test, and evaluate new ideas
- You are analytical – With deep experience in traditional consulting tools (Excel, PowerPoint, etc) and more modern tools (Google BigQuery, Tableau, etc)
- You are a quick learner — who enjoys tackling new challenges and excel at becoming well versed in new industries, products and companies
- You are meticulous – Ensuring all your work is robust and accurate
- You are a strong communicator – with an ability to synthesize and communicate insights to stakeholders
- You are a thought leader – Who enjoys sharing your knowledge and keeping across the latest trends, tools and insights of the digital landscape
- You are a strong team player and team member – who works well with a wide range of stakeholders but can also drive and execute projects independently
Skills And Experience You Will Bring
- 7 years+ experience in consulting or corporate development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
- Experience building, managing and running large scale projects and initiatives
- A keen interest and understanding of payments/FX, the competitive landscape and regulation
- Prior experience at another start-up in fintech/payments/FX preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written communication skills including preparing presentations
- Some domestic and international travel required
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.