This Autumn, the Crypto Currency Task Force set up by the Chancellor in April is due to deliver its Report.
The Task Force’s deliberations will result in proposals as to how the UK should regulate this dynamic but highly controversial new medium of exchange.
Meanwhile the Treasury Select Committee has probed into cryptocurrencies and, worldwide, they have become a major focus of speculation and rapidly rising and falling fortunes from China to Venezuela.
But regulators are also anxious to harness the new technologies unleashed by digital currencies. Initial coin offering(ICOs) promise to be an efficient and effective method of raising new capital if properly controlled.
This conference will be a forum for all aspects of cryptocurrency regulation. The following panel sessions will give all stakeholders the opportunity to state and debate their points of view:
- Keynote Panel
- Cryptocurrencies: current state of development
- Cryptocurrencies: exchanges, payments and derivatives
- Global cryptocurrency regulation – where are we?
- A Code of Conduct for cryptocurrencies
- Risks and regulation of Initial Coin Offerings
- The technological challenge of regulating cryptocurrencies
- The impact of cryptocurrencies on financial crime regulation
- America Square Conference Centre
No.1, America Square