Artificial Intelligence is developing rapidly, and many early adopters of the technology are already beginning to see the benefits that AI can bring.
Business leaders should ask themselves whether their company is ready to embrace AI – and, if not, what steps they need to take to become AI-ready. This AI readiness checklist puts forward an approach to self-assessing your organisation’s readiness.
EBO.ai, the AI firm optimising customer interactions, has compiled this checklist to help customer-focused businesses of all sizes to understand how they can benefit from AI, how ready their business is to implement AI, and which solutions would fit their needs.
- Does AI form part of your current three-year business plan?
- Do you plan to use AI to drive growth, or to cut costs?
- Do you want to generate deeper insights into customer behaviour?
- Are others in your industry already implementing AI, or do you expect to be an early adopter?
- Have you created a budget and appointed a board level representative to oversee your AI strategy?
- How much of your business depends on individual interactions with customers?
- Which customer-facing processes are critical to your business?
- Lead generation
- Due diligence
- Account management and churn prevention
- Customer services
- Which of these should be prioritised for AI-driven automation?
- How many different channels do you offer to enable customers to interact with your business? And is your service-level identical across all channels?
- How much data do you currently collect from your customers, and does it inform your business practices?
- What data analytics capabilities does your business currently have?
- What level of appetite for AI is there in the business, especially in the C-suite?
- Has planning already been done on ways to integrate AI?
- Will AI be implemented across the whole business, or in just one area?
- What technology services does your business currently use, and are they interoperable?
- Will you use AI to improve mission-critical business processes in such a way to increase efficiency or lower costs?
- What is the current size of your customer facing team?
- What level of customer satisfaction is your current setup generating?
- Is there a business case to optimise the way you deliver customer-facing services through AI?
- Will your employees require training to be able to make the most of an AI solution?
- Will AI be used to help alleviate strain on your existing customer services team?
Choosing the right AI solution
- Do you have a chosen approach for integrating AI with your business?
- What is the primary function you need AI to carry out?
- Can you provide data to assist in the machine-learning process to inform better AI outcomes?
- Will you want to use insights from AI to improve your customer service?
- What level of oversight will you want?