Densify, the Cloud Optimisation software company, today launched Cloe Aware, the industry’s first cloud optimisation-as-code product. Dedicated to bringing cloud costs dramatically down while improving application performance, Cloe Aware enables applications to self-optimise. Leveraging the industry’s first optimisation-as-code product, Cloud operations teams can automate application optimisation by simply adding one line of code into their infrastructure-as-code template.
Application demands can fluctuate every day, hour, and minute of the week. In parallel, cloud offerings, such as a compute instances can be purchased and configured in millions of different ways, and new technologies are introduced on a monthly basis. It’s impossible to align application needs with the right cloud technologies available while optimising each dollar spent. Densify analyses cloud usage patterns, proactively makes applications self-aware of their resource needs – matching application needs to available cloud resources. Densify’s new product, Cloe Aware, represents a major leap forward in cloud optimisation. By adding one line of code into an infrastructure-as-code template, that application is not only self-aware but now self-optimising.
“Cloe Aware represents an important technical leap as the first product in the industry to allow companies to build optimisation-as-code into their cloud operations. With one line of code, their apps can now be automatically and forever optimised,” said Gerry Smith, CEO, Densify.
A single line of code entered into the ‘infrastructure-as-code’ templates such as Terraform, cloud-forms and cloud-formation tools, dynamically calls on Cloe Aware 24/7 – this not only gives the cloud instances self-awareness of their cloud resources needs, based on business and application demands, but also the ability to automatically self-optimise. This means that the cloud instances on which the application runs are now able to automatically and dynamically change in the cloud – driving improved application performance and lowering cloud spend.
Product benefits include:
- A single line of code to fully automate cloud optimisation – without requiring any user interface functionality – making it simple and easy to bring cloud optimisation to the DevOps and TechOps teams
- Automatic generation of both machine-readable and human-readable output, enabling approval processes, flexible business intelligence reports and integration into Github or other repositories of choice
- Full automation based on Cloe’s patented AI engine that finds the right cloud technology fit for each application
- Proactive optimisation improves application, and ultimately business, stability and performance
- Self-awareness of cloud resources shows exactly the risk and wasted spend in cloud, and where improvements should be made without any degradation to application performance, and self-optimisation provides the ability to take the action to make changes
- Operational efficiency is delivered by allowing all DevOps and TechOps teams to come together and leverage automated mechanism in selecting the right cloud resources every time, for every application